Download Butler automates the download process by capturing downloads directly from your browser and storing them in an explorer style layout for easy access. All of your files will be organized in a snap!
A few of the highlights are:
- Simple interface.
- Use skins to customize its appearance.
- Built-In downloader that supports both HTTP and FTP protocols. Will also resume broken downloads where supported by the server you are connected to.
- Schedule your downloads.
- Pause and resume downloads.
- Connect and disconnect only as necessary.
- A built in report generator allows you to see at a glance all of the files you have set up in Download Butler. Details like file counts, file sizes, dates and times are just a few of the niceties. There is also a customizable HTML report viewer that you can send to your browser, view and print.
- Another useful feature is the ability to execute 3rd party programs, such as a virus scanner. Up to four applications can be specified and be toggled to executed when a new file is being processed. These can also be accessed from the menu so if at a later time you want to run a virus scan on a particular file it will be right at hand.